Now and then I come across a captivating, go-getter who makes me feel equally motivated & incompetent. You know, those people who make you think you can do anything (which you can) while simultaneously realizing you haven’t worked as hard as you thought (work smarter)?! In all seriousness, Alea Lovely has a very fitting name; she is a gentle-hearted woman with unmeasurable spirit and tenacity.
Of course it would make sense that such an impressionable person would have a very compelling back-story. Alea embarked on a huge adventure when she moved to London to be with her then boyfriend-now husband. Her story initiated the topic of national exposure, which she says all starts with a BIG-ASK!
Keys To Achieving National Exposure From Alea Lovely
1. The power of your BIG-ASK!
- What do you want?
- Understand, there is no “making it” in this business. If you’re a good entrepreneur you will never “make it” because you will always want more.
2. Stick out like a sore thumb!
- Be extraordinary! Don’t do what everyone else is doing.
- If you’re looking at someone thinking, “Why not me?” that’s why not; you’re spending your life looking at someone else’s stuff.
3. You’ve got to pay for it first.
- If you think its going to come to you, you’re wrong.
- Think of it as a return on your investment.
- Commit to the risks that will get you what you want.
4. “Your network is your net worth.”
- “People like people who like them. Learn to suck up – but be genuine.”
5. Do not settle for sub-par content.
- If you don’t care about what you’re writing, no one else will.
- If you can write, write an EBook.
6. Be Grateful – Be Thankful – Be Humble!
- Be humble but when you’ve got good things going on, own it!
* * * *
Alea’s Ask: “When they ask me what I do for work, they look at me so perplexed and excited asking how I got to do that. I am so blessed but I keep thinking, ‘Well…I just asked.'”
The Investment: Alea wanted to go all over the world with her work so she took the risks to get what she wanted. After weighing the pros and cons of a high-dollar trip, she chose to invest in an opportunity in Hong-Kong. The exposure she achieved from her work in Hong-Kong, paid for the trip and helped win future international jobs.
The Return: Alea has visited 20 countries and has been to Hong Kong three times within the last two years; she has a successful blog, a popular ebook, has had her photography featured on the cover of several national magazines and also designs wedding dresses and fashionable camera bags. Wowza!